About the PKD Foundation
The PKD Foundation is the only organization, worldwide, dedicated to promoting research to find treatments and a cure for polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and improving the care of those it affects. Find out more about the PKD Foundation or contact us at 1.800.PKD.CURE (753.2873) or by email at email@example.com.
Current Career Opportunities
Chief Scientific Officer
Fundraising Events Manager
The PKD Foundation is seeking a Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) to work for the organization's national headquarters based in Kansas City, Mo. The CSO will report to the CEO and is responsible for establishing and leading the scientific strategic positioning and direction of the Foundation's research and development efforts.
An M.D., Ph.D., Pharm.D. or MS in biomedical sciences is required. Must have 5 to 15 years of biomedical, drug discovery and development, or clinical research experience to include research staff management and budget authority. Relevant leadership experience in managing research or research funding in academia or the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, ideally in a publicly visible environment, is necessary.
For additional information, please visit www.eflassociates.com, click on open positions, executive searches, the title of the position and email your resume for position 2417.
Primary Function: Responsible for providing support and leadership to volunteer-led fundraising events and national fundraising initiatives. Work with staff and local volunteers to grow revenues to achieve targeted financial and public awareness goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and leadership to volunteers who are conducting fundraising events to benefit the Foundation including development of materials, timelines, marketing plans, budgets and policies.
- Mange the Run for PKD program including program fundraising goals, establishment and stewardship of charity partnerships, program marketing, and runner recruitment and retention.
- Manage the DIY (Do It Yourself) for PKD fundraising program including program fundraising goals, marketing, and participant recruitment and retention.
- Develop strategies and tools to encourage local volunteers to support the PKD Foundation's national fundraising programs including Run for PKD, DIY for PKD, vehicle donation and workplace giving.
- Work with local volunteer leadership to review Chapters' fundraising plans for the year including budgeting for each fundraising event. Provide guidance on the management of expenses and growth opportunities for current events and the introduction of new events.
- Work with the Chapter Fundraising Coordinator to market fundraising events through e-blasts and on the website.
- Assist Director of Chapter Services with annual budgeting process for volunteer-led fundraising events and designated national fundraising initiatives.
- Train volunteer leaders to assist them in the development of fundraising activities for their Chapter. Provide ongoing fundraising events training each year through the Leadership Conference and webinars.
- Provide timely and accurate volunteer fundraising events reports to the Director of Chapter Services as requested.
- Manage Chapter records in line with organizational standards and objectives and update on a timely basis.
- Have a full understanding of the information/reports that can be pulled from Raiser's Edge.
- Work closely with Chapter Services team members and Chapter volunteers to make creative connections between and among people, events, programs and their associated circles.
- Work closely with the Chapter Fundraising Coordinator.
- Provide excellent customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of Chapter Coordinators, sponsors and participants.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Education/Experience – Candidates need to have a minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, five to eight years of progressive experience and responsibility and achievement in the volunteer management and special event fields. Experience with Raiser's Edge or similar donor software preferred.
Ability/Skills – This individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong planning and analysis skills, excellent computer skills, an ability to work in a team environment, advanced problem solving and team-building skills, be self motivated and punctual.
Job Requirements – This is a full-time exempt position that will require evening and weekend work. Travel in this position is 20% of job time but may increase during peak seasons. Candidate must be willing and able to travel regularly and inexpensively, within reason.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) in addition to an extensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off – 20 days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 403(b) 7.5% of salary, no match required
In addition, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax your information to: 816.268.8497. Please reference "Fundraising Events Manager" in the subject line.