About the PKD Foundation
The PKD Foundation is the only organization, worldwide, dedicated to promoting research to find treatments and a cure for polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and improving the care of those it affects. Find out more about the PKD Foundation or contact us at 1.800.PKD.CURE (753.2873) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Career Opportunities
Chapter Services Coordinator
Chief Scientific Officer
Responsible for assisting Chapter Relations and Education Managers as they maximize the efforts of local volunteers in running the Chapters and planning, executing and growing programs in education, support and awareness. Manage logistics of the annual Leadership Conference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain records of Chapter Coordinators, including participation and compliance logs.
- Manage Chapter records in line with organizational standards and objectives and update on a timely basis.
- Have a full understanding of the information/reports that can be pulled from Raiser's Edge.
- Work with Information Services team to continually monitor and update Core, Community and Crowd mailing lists for Chapters.
- Fulfill Chapter requests for mailing lists.
- Monitor emails in assigned Foundation inboxes including answering as appropriate and distributing others to appropriate staff for follow-up.
- Maintain assigned Coordinator's portal(s) with accurate, current information including developing and posting monthly updates.
- Manage process of developing and sending Chapter communications to and for the Chapters as needed including sending requested e-blasts and bi-annual newsletters.
- Manage process of monitoring Chapter websites including posting new and removing dated information in a timely manner.
- Work with volunteer leaders to appropriately submit Event Information forms for Chapter activities; promote, track and record events including capturing attendee information.
- Manage logistical aspects of the annual Leadership Conference and other department trainings including event facilities (e.g. sleeping rooms, food/beverage, audio-visual, etc), Conference registration and transportation/travel. Respond to attendee questions and coordinate production of materials.
- Assist with volunteer recognition initiatives.
- As needed, provide project management/support for Chapter Services department or Foundation activities and events.
- Provide support for administrative functions of the Foundation including processing mail/Walk donations and answering phones.
- Provide excellent customer service to external and internal constituents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience – It is preferred that candidates have a minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three years of progressive experience and responsibility and achievement in the nonprofit arena; volunteer management and/or experience in program design and delivery preferred. Experience with Raiser's Edge or similar donor software preferred.
Ability/Skills - This individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent computer skills, an ability to work in a team environment, advanced problem solving skills, be self motivated and punctual.
Knowledge/Judgment – Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Prior experience with fundraising databases preferred. Familiarity with office equipment preferred. Ability to provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, to be detailed and accurate in work methods, and to exercise good judgment with professionalism.
Physical Demands – Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, use hands and arms, read, stoop, crouch, talk, hear, see objects clearly at 20 inches or less, and lift and move items weighing up to 20 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) in addition to an extensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off – 20 days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 403(b) 7.5% of salary, no match required
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com, or fax your information to: 816.268.8497. Please reference "Chapter Services Coordinator" in the subject line.
The PKD Foundation is seeking a Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) to work for the organization's national headquarters based in Kansas City, Mo. The CSO will report to the CEO and is responsible for establishing and leading the scientific strategic positioning and direction of the Foundation's research and development efforts.
An M.D., Ph.D., Pharm.D. or MS in biomedical sciences is required. Must have 5 to 15 years of biomedical, drug discovery and development, or clinical research experience to include research staff management and budget authority. Relevant leadership experience in managing research or research funding in academia or the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, ideally in a publicly visible environment, is necessary.
For additional information, please visit www.eflassociates.com, click on open positions, executive searches, the title of the position and email your resume for position 2417.