About the PKD Foundation
The PKD Foundation is the only organization, worldwide, dedicated to promoting research to find treatments and a cure for polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and improving the care of those it affects. Find out more about the PKD Foundation or contact us at 1.800.PKD.CURE (753.2873) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Career Opportunities
Chief Scientific Officer
Regional Development Director
The PKD Foundation is seeking a Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) to work for the organization's national headquarters based in Kansas City, Mo. The CSO will report to the CEO and is responsible for establishing and leading the scientific strategic positioning and direction of the Foundation's research and development efforts. Click here to learn more about this position or email email@example.com.
The Regional Development Director (RDD) is responsible for building and growing an effective acquisition, stewardship and retention program for major donors in a pre-defined geographic region. While the majority of the major donors are individuals, the RDD will have responsibility for cultivation and solicitation of private and corporate foundations closely tied to donors in their portfolio. Position requires approximately 25% to 30% travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a dynamic portfolio of approximately 175 to 200 major donors, including donors with estate intentions. A portion of this work will include cultivation and stewardship activities conducted department-wide. Work may also include event management if major donors in the RDD's portfolio choose to conduct a fundraising event.
- Work with the Prospect Research and Analytics Manager to analyze donor reports and identify and prioritize current donors developing a cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategy for each donor in the RDD's portfolio with the end goal to develop donor relationships in order to grow their involvement and financial support.
- Manage donor records in Raiser's Edge and utilize reports in line with organizational standards and to meet RDD's performance goals. Update donor/prospect records in advance of monthly Development department meetings to track actions and constituent notes.
- Identify and develop new prospects to protect the RDD's portfolio from natural attrition ensuring a model of overall growth.
- Develop and implement strategies to re-engage donors whose financial support has decreased or stopped.
- Be attune to opportunities to share matching gifts and planned giving opportunities.
- Work with Chief Development Officer to execute Gratitude: A Celebratory Benefit for the PKD Foundation when the annual event is held within the RDD's defined geographic region. Work primarily includes Honoree and committee selection, recruitment and management, as well as sponsor solicitation and ticket sales.
- Understand and be able to clearly articulate developments in the Foundation's Accelerating Treatments to Patients (research and development) initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to create appropriate and useful materials to support the RDD's fundraising activities.
- Work closely with Chapter Services team members and Chapter volunteers to make creative connections between and among people, events, programs and their associated circles.
- Work effectively as an active contributing member of the Development department, while at the same time working independently to maximize gift opportunities.
- Assist Chief Development Officer with annual budgeting process as it applies to major gifts.
- Achieve financial and non-financial goals established in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer.
- Provide excellent customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our current, potential and lapsed donors.
Education/Experience – Candidates must have a successful track record of moves management in individual and foundation fundraising and have a minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Major gifts experience desirable. Experience with Raiser's Edge or similar donor software a must. Experience with planned giving preferred.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) in addition to an extensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off – 20 days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 403(b) 7.5% of salary, no match required
In addition, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax your information to: 816.268.8497. Please reference "Regional Development Director" in the subject line.