About the PKD Foundation
The PKD Foundation is the only organization, worldwide, dedicated to promoting research to find treatments and a cure for polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and improving the care of those it affects. Find out more about the PKD Foundation or contact us at 1.800.PKD.CURE (753.2873) or by email at email@example.com.
Current Career Opportunities
Seasonal Database Assistant
The Graphic Designer will work with the marketing and communications team to create graphics, concepts and materials for the organization’s print and digital marketing efforts.
- Design content for print materials such as flyers, brochures, promotional items, posters and signage.
- Design content for digital channels including website, email, infographics and social media.
- Think creatively and produce new ideas that promote the organization's overall mission while following established guidelines and standards.
- Develop and follow consistent look and feel across all marketing materials to reflect PKD Foundation brand and identity.
- Maintain high standards for design, layout, color and typography.
- Participate in weekly meetings and develop creative design solutions for digital/web and print campaigns.
- Present multiple solutions to internal teams and discuss creative process.
- Work with independent contractors as required to meet assigned deadlines.
- Manage projects to meet production deadlines and provide excellent internal customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of graphic design experience preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Expert in digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Understanding of digital/web and print processes, photography, illustration and typography.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines through effective project and time management.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Video production experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field.
- Possess a commitment to the vision and mission of the PKD Foundation.
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to prioritize workflow while performing a variety of duties at one time.
- Possess a collaborative spirit and be skilled in problem solving and team-building.
- Have a basic understanding of not-for-profit fund-raising and structure, volunteer, advocacy and marketing concepts.
- Be able to meet deadlines, make accurate decisions, work independently and as a team player, and act in a professional and positive manner when dealing with the public.
- Be creative, adaptable, and able to provide unique approaches to design needs.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good office (including computer) skills.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or please fax your information to: 816.268.8497. Please reference "Graphic Designer" in the subject line.
Input incoming daily cash receipts, run daily revenue reports, process mailings and perform certain administrative duties. Candidate must have organizational skills, flexibility to work hours as needed, teamwork, written communication skills and an ability to work without supervision. Previous experience with working with Sphere and Raiser's Edge preferred.
- Using the Raiser's Edge CRM/Luminate Online to, add, clean and validate company and individual records, making sure that contact data is accurate and complete.
- Enter daily revenues to the appropriate member account in database; this includes cash, checks, credit card an online donations.
- Run daily reports from database system for separate types of gift revenues and balance with bank deposits.
- Maintain files of all correspondence and donor gift information, organized by date.
- Provide back up support for other database assistant duties as needed.
- Other administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn within a fast pace.
- Strong memorization and attention to detail, accuracy, and dependability on repetitive tasks.
- High level of typing accuracy and speed.
- Ability to follow a schedule of work and meet set target .
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience using databases and CRM systems, ideally Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online.
- Thorough worker with rigorous attention to detail and ability to understand the importance of the task.
- Willing to use own initiative.
- Flexible approach to workload.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
Two years data entry and/or secretarial experience with preference to those with bookkeeping experience. High school graduate or equivalent with experience in business, bookkeeping and word processing courses.
Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, use hands and arms, read, stoop, crouch, talk, hear, see objects clearly at 20 inches or less, and lift and move items weighing up to 20 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; the employee may also be expected to perform related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their resume to: email@example.com, or please fax your information to: 816.268.8497. Please reference "Seasonal Database Assistant" in the subject line.