About the PKD Foundation
The PKD Foundation is the only organization, worldwide, dedicated to promoting research to find treatments and a cure for polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and improving the care of those it affects. Find out more about the PKD Foundation or contact us at 1.800.PKD.CURE (753.2873) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Career Opportunities
Provide support for the PKD Foundation's Walk for PKD fundraising initiative. This program is the Foundation's signature fundraising event and is comprised of 50 Walks held throughout the country this fall and led by volunteer coordinators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide phone and email support to participants on using the peer-to-peer fundraising database system.
- Prepare and ship day-of-event materials to 50 Walk sites.
- Possess technology skills to quickly learn TeamRaiser fundraising database platform and generate reports for use at 50 Walks across the country.
- Assist local volunteers across the country by email and phone with individual Walk needs.
- Assist with updating web pages.
- Assist with processing mail.
- Provide outstanding customer service to external and internal constituents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications are as follows:
This internship is designed for current undergraduate students at the junior or senior level who are pursuing a career in the nonprofit sector. The purpose of the internship is to help students further cultivate their skills through experience at a national nonprofit. The Walk for PKD intern must have a positive attitude and eagerness to learn about fundraising and donor relations strategies. Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and fundraising, either through coursework or professional experience is a must; volunteer experience preferred.
The Walk for PKD intern must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate information verbally and in writing. Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Internet research tools is a must. Customer service experience and experience with donor databases is preferred.
The Walk for PKD intern should have strong attention to detail, a sense of professionalism and excellent customer service skills. The ability to follow directions and ask questions while managing multiple projects simultaneously is also important. The intern should show a willingness to assist where help is most needed, be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with minimum supervision.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their resume to: email@example.com, or fax your information to: 816.268.8497. Please reference "Walk for PKD Intern" in the subject line.