About the 2016 PKD National Convention
The PKD National Convention is a meeting to foster learning and connection, and to share progress in PKD research and science.
What you can expect:
- Education on how to manage PKD through all stages of the disease – from diagnosis to life after a transplant
- Opportunities to meet, connect and share experiences with others in the PKD community
- The latest in research and science from top experts in the PKD field
- Tips on how you can advocate for your own health
At the PKD National Convention, parents of children and teens diagnosed with ARPKD or ADPKD will find a welcoming and intimate setting to learn, connect and support one another. Sessions with pediatric PKD experts will discuss topics specific to children and teens who have PKD, so parents can learn how to navigate each stage of the disease and understand options.
PKD Parents sessions will include:
- The basics of ADPKD and ARPKD
- Day-to-day living with PKD
- Dialysis and transplantation in youth
- Time for parent-to-parent dialogue
The PKD National Convention offers a specific group of sessions for teens and young adults (ages 13-20) who are diagnosed or suspect they may have PKD. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet and connect with others in their age group living with PKD. Youth sessions gather young PKD patients from across the country to hear from experts in age-appropriate conversations and presentations, while getting the support they need as they process information about the disease and how to care for their health.
Youth sessions will include:
- Opportunities to discuss questions and challenges of living a typical teen life when you have PKD
- How to keep a positive attitude
- Tips for staying healthy
- How youth and teens can participate in clinical trials
- A fun group outing in one of the Disney® parks
*Youth sessions are designed for teens and young adults who have been diagnosed or who suspect they may have PKD.