PKD Foundation launches new logo, new brand
We’re kicking off 2014 with a new logo to position the PKD Foundation as a contemporary, forward-looking organization. The new brand will strengthen the mission and visibility of the organization as we work to elevate awareness. More importantly, it will distinguish the Foundation as the leader in the fight to end PKD.
The PKD Foundation brand promise
While a logo is a symbol that represents an organization’s brand, a brand is what the organization promises to do. The PKD Foundation promises to:
- Fund research to find treatments and a cure
- Provide education and information to empower people in managing their health
- Connect people to support each other
- Increase awareness, and support advocacy to elevate the patients’ voice
- Improve the lives of everyone affected by PKD
The logo design was inspired by the circular cells in our body, the sun’s radiating strength, and the wholeness, comfort and forward movement of a circular form. It also conveys a sense of community – individual segments intersecting and interlocking.