Donate Life Month
April is Donate Life Month, which makes it the perfect time for transplant recipients and those that care for them to connect with members of Congress to share their transplant stories and encourage them to support transplant initiatives.
Talk about how autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) or autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease (ARPKD) led to you, your child, or someone you love needing a kidney transplant in order to stay alive.
Be sure to tell them about the damaging effects of polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and how there are no treatments to stop the progression of the disease.
- How long did you wait for a kidney transplant?
- Who was your kidney donor?
- How much do your immunosuppressive drugs cost each month?
- Has your need for a kidney transplant impacted your ability to work or your finances?
- How have you been impacted emotionally?
Support current legislation
Please contact your representative and senators and urge them to co-sponsor the Living Donor Protection Act (S. 377/H.R. 1255) and support legislation to protect the rights of living donors and remove barriers to organ donation.
Share on social media
Find facts and graphics you can share with your community here.
Last reviewed June 2021