Portions: 8 Serving size: 1/2 cup
-1 stalk celery
-1 small onion
-1/2 red bell pepper
-3 cups potatoes (potatoes will be leached in cooking process)
-3 large eggs
-1 cup mayonnaise
-3 tablespoons cider vinegar
-1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-1/2 teaspoon of horseradish, if desired
1. Boil eggs to hard-cooked stage.
2. To reduce potassium in potatoes, peel potatoes, cut into
small pieces, cover with water and bring to a boil. Discard the
water and add fresh water. Cook until potatoes are done. Take care not to
overcook. Test with a fork for doneness (when the potato is still firm when
punctured with a fork).
3. While potatoes are cooking, finely chop celery, onion and bell pepper. Peel and chop hard boiled eggs.
4. Drain potatoes and add all dry ingredients. Do not stir.
5. Mix salad dressing ingredients together.
6. Add the salad dressing to dry ingredients and toss gently.