• 1 tbsp butter
• 8 stalks asparagus, woody bottoms removed, chopped into 1″ pieces
• black pepper to taste
• 8 eggs
• 2 tbsp fat-free milk
• 1/4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
• 4 oz smoked salmon, chopped
1. Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. When the butter begins to foam, add the asparagus and cook until just tender. Season with pepper to taste.
2. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk with the milk. Season with a few pinches of pepper and add to the pan with the asparagus. Turn the heat down to low and use a wooden spoon to constantly stir and scrape the eggs until they begin to form soft curds. A minute before they’re done, stir in the goat cheese.
3. Remove from the heat when the eggs are still creamy and soft and fold in the smoked salmon.