The purpose of this study is to find a protein (ex. Polycystin 1 or mucin and cadherin like protein) in
the urine that is changed after treatment of hydralazine.
Intervention/Treatment: Drug: Hydralazine
Participants will be asked to take pills two times per day for 6 weeks. This is a dose increasing study with potential doses ranging from 5 mg two times per day to 50 mg two times per day.
Study Arms: Experimental: Group 1: Hydralazine
Participants will take hydralazine twice daily for total of 6 weeks. The dose of hydralazine will be increased every 2 weeks.
Intervention: Drug: Hydralazine
● Confirmed diagnosis of ADPKD
● estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) > 60 ml/min/1.73m^2
● History of systemic lupus erythematous or other rheumatologic disorder
● Baseline anti-nuclear antibody (ANA) >1:80 for females and >1:40 for males
● Blood pressure < 120/80 without anti-hypertensive
● Angina pectoris or myocardial infarction in the last 6 months
● Liver disease
● Allergy to hydralazine
Debbie Griffin, RN
Study being conducted in Kansas
University of Kansas Medical Center
Age range: 18-65