Mayo Clinic is seeking volunteers with ADPKD, ages 18-40, to participate in a research study.
The purpose of this study is to assess longitudinal changes in endothelial function using Peripheral Arterial Tone Test (PAT) with the intention of establishing if this methodology offers the potential of non-invasive measures of early vascular disease in young normotensive patients with ADPKD.
You may be eligible to participate if:
- You have ADPKD
- You are class 1 B-D According to our imaging classification
- You are between 18 – 40 years of age
- You have systolic BP≤130mmHg without taking hypertension medications You have an estimated GFR> 60 mL/min/m2 (CKD-EPI equation)
You may not be eligible if:
- You are class 2 according to our imaging classification
- You have concomitant systemic disease in the kidney (e.g. lupus, hepatitis B or C, amyloidosis)
- You have diabetes mellitus (fasting glucose > 126 mg/dL or treatment with insulin or oral hypoglycemics)
- You have an abnormal urinalysis
- You have contraindications to, or interference with MRI assessments. [For example: ferromagnetic metal prostheses, aneurysm clips, severe claustrophobia, large abdominal/back tattoos, etc].
- You have hypertension requiring medication intervention.
- You are pregnant
Participation will last for 18 months and includes four study visits. You will be compensated for your time spent in this study.
PI: Dr. Maria V. Irazabal M.D.