Investigators aim to measure renal functional reserve (RFR) and loss of function in patients undergoing nephrectomy (living kidney donors and renal tumor patients) as well as in patients with ADPKD. The results should provide evidence whether renal functional reserve indeed predicts adaptive capacity and functional loss after removal of a healthy kidney (living donors), of a tumor kidney (cancer patients) or in progressive kidney disorders (ADPKD patients).
Diagnostic Test: sinistrin clearance dynamic measurement
- Potential living kidney donor
- Patients with diagnosed ADPKD
- Patients with primary kidney tumor requiring nephrectomy
- Female and male patients over 18 years of age
- Bilateral kidney tumor
- Kidney metastases of a tumor of other origin
- Renal failure that requires dialysis
- Pregnant patient
- Incomplete medical records
- Patients with diabetes mellitus
- Patients who cannot tolerate iv fluids
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance (sinistrin) or to any of the excipients
Thomas F Mueller, Prof.
+41 44 255 33 84