University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Last Updated : 03/19/2020
Please call the clinic to find out if your care would be covered by your insurance.
The PKD Foundation has prepared this proprietary list of PKD Clinics and Centers so that patients can find expert help.
The information in this database is reported by the clinic representatives and is not verified. The Foundation cannot warranty its accuracy, and inclusion on this list is not intended as an endorsement. Please contact us with any changes or corrections.
The Division of Nephrology, Kidney CARE (Clinical Advancement, Research and Education) Program consists of over 19 full- or part-time physicians and basic scientists engaged in the tri-partite mission of patient care, research, and teaching. These activities are conducted at our four campuses: UC Health University Hospital, Cincinnati Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center, UC Health West Chester Hospital , Drake Hospital, and a network of outlying dialysis units.
- Deliver patient-centered care in chronic kidney disease, dialysis and transplant, and related disorders
- Advance knowledge by conducting cross-disciplinary research
- Train the next generation of leaders in clinical, research and education disciplines
|Number of currently followed ADPKD patients||10-100|
|Number of currently followed ARPKD patients||less then 3|
|Number of kidney transplants (avg/year)||100+|
|Number of live donor transplants (avg/year)||100+|
SEE ARPKD PATIENTS
- Affiliated kidney transplant center
- Dieticians or Nutritionists
- Genetic testing and counseling center
- High-risk pregnancy obstetricians
- Interventional radiologist (familiar with cyst aspiration)
Liver specialists with expertise in PKD (or PLD specialists)
- Mental health specialists
- Neurosurgeon/neurologists (familiar with aneurysm screening and treatment)
- Social workers
- Home hemodialysis
- Peritoneal dialysis
Affiliated Kidney Transplant CenterYes
Performs Nephrectomy ProceduresYes
Participates in Current Clinical StudiesYes
PROVIDES MENTORSHIPS FOR TRAINEESYes