University of Virginia Health System
Get in Touch
Last Updated : 9/27/2019
Please call the clinic to find out if your care would be covered by your insurance.
The PKD Foundation has prepared this proprietary list of PKD Clinics and Centers so that patients can find expert help.
The information in this database is reported by the clinic representatives and is not verified. The Foundation cannot warranty its accuracy, and inclusion on this list is not intended as an endorsement. Please contact us with any changes or corrections.
UVA Division of Nephrology and the Center for Immunity, Inflammation and Regenerative Medicine (CIIR), part of the Department of Medicine, is dedicated to the study and treatment of kidney disorders and diseases. The U.S. News & World Report ranked UVA Nephrology #42 the nation in its 2018-2019 edition. The Division and CIIR are composed of 23 full-time Clinical and 10 Research Faculty. We are working collaboratively to improve patient care and outcomes, achieve excellence in our scholarly and research endeavors, and nurture innovation in our labs and classrooms.
|Number of currently followed ADPKD patients||100+|
|Number of currently followed ARPKD patients||less then 3|
|Number of kidney transplants (avg/year)||100+|
|Number of live donor transplants (avg/year)||100+|
SEE ARPKD PATIENTS
- Affiliated kidney transplant center
- Dieticians or Nutritionists
- Genetic testing and counseling center
- High-risk pregnancy obstetricians
- Interventional radiologist (familiar with cyst aspiration)
- Liver specialists with expertise in PKD (or PLD specialists)
- Mental health specialists
- Neurosurgeon/neurologists (familiar with aneurysm screening and treatment)
- Social workers
- Home hemodialysis
- Peritoneal dialysis
PEDIATRIC PKD CLINIC
- Dedicated pediatric dialysis unit
- Pediatric dieticians
- Hepatologists (familiar with Congenital Hepatic Fibrosis)
- Child Life Specialists
To schedule an appointment, please contact David Simmons at DES9K@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu.
Affiliated Kidney Transplant CenterYes
Performs Nephrectomy ProceduresYes
Participates in Current Clinical StudiesYes
Steroid-free protocols after transplant are available.
Nephrectomies at time of transplant are available.
PROVIDES MENTORSHIPS FOR TRAINEESYes