Summer is coming up faster than you know, and along with it, the 2018 PKD Connect Conference! Formerly known as the PKD National Convention, PKD Connect Conference is our biennial conference that brings together patients, caregivers, doctors and researchers from the PKD community. Who could possibly pass up that kind of opportunity, right? Well, if you still need convincing to join us in Kansas City this summer, here are the top five reasons for you to attend:
1) Catch up on the latest PKD research. The Conference is a primetime event if you want to get to know our renowned researchers and hear about their projects. So often they’re hard at work in labs around the country—now is the best time to get face-to-face with the people on the front lines of finding treatments and a cure for this disease!
2) Learn from PKD physicians about caring for yourself or loved ones. Living with PKD is different for every individual, and it’s important to learn best practices for your lifestyle, diet, pain management, and more. Some of the top PKD physicians and nephrologists in the country will be at the Conference this summer—come meet them to learn more about PKD and managing the disease at every step of your journey.
3) Connect with your PKD community. Whether you’re a Chapter Coordinator, long-time volunteer or recently diagnosed, the Conference is here to help you understand one thing: you are not alone. When you join us in Kansas City this summer, you’ll have the chance to meet PKD community members from all over the country—people who are ready to share their stories, their experiences, their best tips. There is so much you can learn when you connect with other people who know what you’re going through—don’t miss out!
4) Hear about legislative updates from PKD advocates. Protections for patient rights, research funding and more hang in the balance in D.C. At the Conference, we’ll have exclusive sessions with practiced advocates who can help you tackle how to bring facts and concerns about PKD to your representatives’ attention.
5) Explore Kansas City. Our hometown is booming with places to go and sights to see—and we’re not just talking about the sessions and exhibits at this year’s Conference! Our chefs make mean meals and headlines. Our sport teams have royal reputations. Our museums, bars and venues are world-class. When you join us in Kansas City for the 2018 PKD Connect Conference, you’ll feel just as home in the Heartland as we do.
Are you ready for this whirlwind weekend? Then register today! We can’t wait to see you this summer.