The Lillian Jean Kaplan International Prize for Advancement recognizes an individual(s) whose seminal scientific work constitutes tangible achievement toward improving knowledge and treatment of PKD. More than one prize may be awarded, and it may be awarded to residents of any country without restriction. The 2019 Prize will be presented at the World Congress of Nephrology in Melbourne in April 2019. In addition to the $50,000 prize, a citation depicting the winner’s work and a sculpture will be presented. The awardee(s) will present a lecture during the World Congress of Nephrology.
Nomination requirements, deadline Sept. 14, 2018:
- Your details: complete name, ISN membership number, and contact information
- Nominee details: complete name (as listed in publications) and contact information
- Support statement: a description of how and why the nominee’s work represents a major advance in basic or clinical understanding of PKD, distinguishing those aspects which clearly set it apart from the work of others in the field, and a summary of the nominee’s contributions
- Full curriculum vitae and bibliography of the nominee
- Letters of support: at least two
All nominations and supporting materials are to be sent via email to Jo-Ann Donner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winner(s) will be selected by the Lillian Jean Kaplan Prize Advisory Committee: Committee Chair Dr. Nathan Levin, two committee members selected by the PKD Foundation, and two ISN members.