We can’t believe it, but the holidays are just around the corner! Try this low-sodium, low-protein spin on a classic Thanksgiving side.
If you enjoy this recipe, check out our cookbook (it would also make a great gift!)
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 6), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 medium scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until a fork easily pierces a potato.
- Drain the potatoes and garlic.
- Mash with a potato masher or a fork until smooth.
- Blend in the milk, butter, parsley, scallions, Parmesan and salt.
- Gently fold in the tomatoes.
- Calories 190
- Fat 8.1 g
- Carbohydrates 25 g
- Protein 6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Calcium 114 mg
- Phosphorus 125 mg
- Sodium 262 mg
- Potassium 578 mg