UpToDate information on treating PKD
UpToDate is the only clinical decision support resource associated with improved outcomes.
More than 80 research studies demonstrate its impact on improved patient care and hospital performance.
- Patient information: Polycystic Kidney Disease (Beyond the Basics)
- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease (ARPKD) in children
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) in children
ADPKD in adults
- Diagnosis of and screening for ADPKD
- Epidemiology, clinical presentation, and diagnosis
- Pain syndromes in ADPKD
- Evaluation and management of urinary tract infection
- Evaluation and management of hypertension
- Renal manifestations of ADPKD
- Extrarenal manifestations
- Genetics of ADPKD and mechanisms of cyst growth
- Treatment for ADPKD
The Polycystic Kidney Disease Research Resource Consortium (PKD RRC), funded by The National Institutes of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), consists of three national Research and Translation Core Centers (RTCC) and a Central Coordinating Site. Their goal is to support a collaborative, diverse community of investigators who are working to advance discovery in the area of polycystic kidney disease.
Check out their video on Risk Stratification in Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease by Namrata Krishnan, M.D. (Yale School of Medicine)