The Super Bowl may have passed but that doesn’t mean we can’t keep enjoying appetizers here and there, especially if the appetizer is healthy! Our Marketing Specialist, Tierra Hogan, spent this past cold weekend staying in to try out Artichoke Dip from our PKD cookbook, Cooking Well. Here are a few of Tierra’s thoughts as she made the dish:
- Typically, I like to go to a restaurant and let them do all the work, but this recipe is so easy!
- I was pleasantly surprised when even my cooking turned out well.
- I’m going to use tortilla chips to go along with my dip and add a little extra garlic for more flavor.
This recipe has low sodium, low protein and helps reduce acid in your diet. Remember to consult your doctor or dietician about what recipes and practices are best for you at your stage of PKD.
Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think in the comments below!
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup low fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup low fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons light or low-fat cream cheese
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Bring water to boil in Saucepan
- Place artichoke hearts in boiling water and cover
- Reduce heat to medium and let boil for 6 minutes
- Drain and rinse with cold water
- Chop artichoke hearts
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, hot sauce and garlic
- Transfer to baking dish. Top with Parmesan cheese
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes until bubbly on top
Serves 10 (per serving)
- Calories 40
- Fat 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates 4 g
- Protein 1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Calcium 24 mg
- Phosphorous 31 mg
- Sodium 113 mg
- Potassium 75 mg
NOTE: Information or materials posted on this blog are intended for general informational purposes only, and should not be construed as medical advice, medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. Any information posted on this blog is not a substitute for patient-specific medical information or dietary advice. Please consult with your healthcare team or dietitian for a complete dietary plan and recommendations.
SUBSCRIBE TO GET MORE HEALTHY UPDATES
Want more delicious, healthy tips and recipes?
Check out our cookbook, Cooking Well, which is full of delicious PKD-friendly recipes to help you make healthy choices without sacrificing taste.